Since I became a parent, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve exclaimed things like, “I could just eat her little leg” or “I just want to eat his face off!” because my kids are doing things that make me want to eat them with a spoon. My husband might think I’m totally off my rocker, but when they’re so cute, it’s hard to resist saying, “I’ll eat you up I love you so” like something from out of Where the Wild Things Are.
Animals eat their young when the babies are sick, or unhealthy, but humans want to eat their young when they’re just too cute to resist. And, let’s face it, maybe they drive us a little batty too, so we might want to gobble them up some days for that reason also! Because sometimes they are so SO naughty we wish we COULD eat them up!
I asked my readers on Facebook what makes them swoon, and they helped me with this fun list.
Here are the Top 20 Reasons Parents Want to Eat Their Young.
1. Babies. I mean, seriously. Look at them.
2. When they mispronounce words and you can’t bring yourself to correct them. I love how my kids call light sabers, light savers.
3. When your kids hug each other.
4. Fat Baby Thighs.
5. Babies dancing.
6. Gummy, toothless smiles.
7. A smiling toddler after a nap…with bedhead.
8. When your kid tells you you’re beautiful.
9. When they finally learn to hug you. Tight.
10. When your toddler makes the baby giggle.
11. When they smile in their sleep.
12. When they’re asleep. Period.
13. When they read to each other.
14. When they say I love you. Or “I Lub You!”
15. When your kids hold hands in the backseat.
16. When they act like they mean serious business. But, they’re only two.
17. When they try to take care of you when you’re sick.
18. When they write sweet notes to you.
19. When they giggle.
20. When they let you sleep in.
21. And, this is an added bonus from the amazing, blogger/dad/cop/attorney extraordinaire, Don from Don of all trades….he said, “When they get on the bus.” and I have to agree. Because absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder am I right? Their faces just look cuter when they’ve been away a little while. So, thanks Don!
What would you add? What’s your favorite thing that your kid does that just makes you want to eat their face off? I want to hear!