This recipe is one that I found in a family cookbook when we were newlyweds. It has been a staple ever since. This recipe is quick, cheap, easy, and only uses one pan to make it.
When I hear the word Jambalaya, I think of something spicy and foreign. Now, this is NOT a true Jambalaya, but I would call it the poor man’s Jambalaya because I think it’s one of those recipes that was born out of necessity in a family with 8 children. My Father in Law’s. His mom made this all the time.
But, on nights when you forgot to make dinner until 5:30 (which is just about every night for me) then this recipe is one that you can pull out and throw together quickly.
Easy One Pan Jambalaya
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 1/2 can water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Brown ground beef in a large saucepan.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Cover with tight lid and when it is boiling, turn down heat and simmer for 35 minutes.
That’s it! Super easy isn’t it?